Drafting and Negotiating Employment and Severance Agreements: Avoiding the Pitfalls
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 | 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Prefer to view the live webcast? Please CLICK HERE.
Live Program: $199 for Members | $299 for Nonmembers
In-House Counsel: Free for Members | $249 for Nonmembers
Small Law Firm: $99 for Members
Members who are Recent Law Graduates, Newly Admitted Lawyers (admitted for the first time in any state or country 2017-2019), Judges, or attorneys that practice within the Government, Academic or Not-for-Profit sectors attend this program for free.
New York: 3.0 Skills
New Jersey: 3.2 General
California: 3.0 General
Pennsylvania: 2.5 General
If you are an employment law practitioner, in-house counsel or advise employers or employees on workplace or compensation-related matters, you cannot afford to miss this program. An expert panel will cover numerous legal issues and challenges that arise when drafting and negotiating employment and severance agreements and will provide practical tips and tools to enhance your drafting skills.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Best practices for documenting employment relationships
- Tips and strategic considerations for drafting effective releases and severance agreements
- Pro-employer versus pro-employee terms
- Compensation, benefits, restrictive covenants, and tax issues that need to be considered during the negotiation process
- EEOC and SEC endorsed language
Click Here to View Program Agenda & Faculty
Tricia B. Sherno, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Sponsoring Association Committee:
Labor & Employment, Katherine A. Greenberg, Chair