Skip to main content
For the Public
Find a Lawyer
Member, Committee &
Upcoming CLE Programs & Live Webcasts
CDs, DVDs & Materials
City Bar Center Policies
Scholarships & Discounts
Event Reservation Form
CLE Program Questionnaire
Share this page
50 Lessons for Women Lawyers
50 Lessons for Women Lawyers: Ethics and Diversity in Practice – Rules and Reality
Friday May 3, 2019 | 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Reception and Book Signing: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
This program is at capacity. Please call Customer Relations (212.382.6663) to be added to the wait list.
Free for Members | $50 for Non-Members
NY CLE Credit:
2.0 Total: 1.0 Ethics & 1.0 Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias*
*Newly admitted New York attorneys (attorneys admitted to the New York State Bar for two years or less) cannot earn CLE credit in the category of Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias.
This program will consist of two 50-minute panel discussions by women lawyers who are contributors to the book 50 Lessons for Women Lawyers – From Women Lawyers. One panel will focus on “Life Lessons” and one on “Career Lessons.” The panels, moderated by Nora Riva Bergman, will cover the areas of ethics, diversity, inclusion, and implicit and explicit bias. The program will be followed by a wine and cheese reception and book signing.
Topics Addressed in Life Lessons Panel Discussion:
• How personal life experiences inform relationships with prospective clients,
courts and other legal institutions
• Practical implications of how personal ethical issues can impact ethics in the profession
• Strategies for integrating one’s personal values into professional values such as the promotion of
fairness, justice, and morality
• Effective strategies for managing stress in both your personal and professional life
• How cultivating a sensitivity to cultural and other differences in your personal life translates to your
• Diversity initiatives in the private sector that could benefit the legal profession
• How experiencing bias in your personal life affects your reaction to bias in your professional life
Topics Addressed in Career Lessons Panel Discussion:
• Best practices for managing legal work
• Critical law office management/organization skills
• Ethics rules in marketing
• Why greater diversity of all types within law firms better serves the profession and individual clients
• Initiatives for increasing diversity and cultural awareness in the law firm
• Have you experienced implicit or explicit bias in your career? How have you dealt with it?
• How implicit and explicit bias affects the profession and individual attorneys
Sponsoring Association Committee:
Women in the Legal Profession
, Melissa Colón-Bosolet, Chair
New York City Bar 42 West 44th St New York, NY 10036
This event is full.
Please Sign In to Register
Keep me signed in
Create a new account