10th Annual Securities Litigation & Enforcement Institute
Wednesday, February 9, 2022 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Online registration is now closed. Please call Customer relations at 212 382 6663 to register or for assistance.
$449 for Members | $649 for Nonmembers
In-House Counsel: $299 for Members | $499 for Nonmembers
Government/Nonprofit/Academic/Judiciary: $249 for Members | $399 for Nonmembers
New York: 7.5 Total, 6.5 Professional Practice, 1.0 Diversity & Inclusion
New Jersey: 7.6 Total, 6.5 General, 1.1 Diversity, Inclusion & Elimination of Bias
California: 7.5 Total, 6.5 General, 1.0 Recognition & Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession & Society
Pennsylvania: 6.0 General
Connecticut: Available to Licensed Attorneys
Currently, one of the most important and interesting areas of securities related activity is a discussion of what is likely to result from the change of administration from Jay Clayton as Head of the SEC to Gary Gensler. Our keynote speaker will be Steven Peikin, the former Co-Head of Enforcement of the SEC in the prior administration, who will discuss his reaction to Mr. Genzler’s announced agenda
The 10th Securities Litigation & Enforcement Annual Institute will feature the following panels of outstanding speakers:
- David Onorato and Sasha Aganin, of Cornerstone Research, will look back over the trends in securities filings and settlement from 2019-2021 and discuss what the future may bring.
- George Canellos, a former Co-Director of the SEC’s Division of Enforcement, will moderate a panel of leading SEC lawyers featuring Richard Best, Director, New York Regional Office, SEC, Andrew Ceresney and Stephanie Avakian, the former SEC Enforcement Director, discussing changes in focus at the SEC under the Biden and Gensler administrations, and other developments.
- Leo Strine, the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Delaware, and Anitha Reddy, will preside over a panel discussing directors’ oversight duties and the Marchand case.
- Daphe Morduchowitz will lead a panel discussing the Slack case in the Ninth Circuit on tracing in Section 11 cases.
- Greg Markel will moderate the traditional securities litigation panel, which will address Goldman and several other important cases, as well as a discussion on the latest trends in the number of securities cases filed and the likely reason for changes in filing levels. Panelists will include Kevin LaCroix, the well-known editor and author of the D&O Diary, Meredith Kotler, Laura Posner, Chair of Securities Litigation Committee, and Jeff Scott.
- Ray DiCamillo will moderate a panel on important issues in current Delaware litigation which will include several distinguished Delaware lawyers. Panelists will include Maeve O’Connor, Kevin Shannon and Jeroen van Kwawegen.
- .Akinyemi Akiwowo, Erika Engelson, Tara Griffin and Lani Quarmby will focus on societal issues including diversity in legal departments and their influence on outside counsel.
- Andrew Stemmer will moderate a panel on the biggest concerns and challenges as well as what they are looking for in outside counsel. Panelists will include Martine Beamon, Gina Ferrari, James Meadows and Joaquin Sena.
This full-day program will provide a comprehensive overview of recent trends, developments and cutting-edge issues in securities litigation, regulation and enforcement. The panels will include prominent securities litigators, senior in-house counsel at major financial institutions, representatives of the SEC and corporations, and nationally recognized trial lawyers.
This program provides transitional/non-transitional credit to all attorneys
Click Here to View Program Agenda & Faculty
Steven Peikin, Former Co-Head of Enforcement, US Securities & Exchange Commission
Brad S. Karp, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
Gregory A. Markel, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Sponsoring Association Committees:
Securities Litigation, Laura H. Posner, Chair
Securities Regulation, Rodney Miller, Chair
White Collar Crime, Marshall L. Miller, Chair