Litigating Wrongful Termination Claims in New York
Tuesday, June 28, 2022 | 12:00 pm - 1:45 pm
Online registration is now closed. Please call Customer relations at 212 382 6663 to register or for assistance.
$149 for Members | $249 for Nonmembers
Members who are Law Students, Recent Law Graduates, Newly Admitted Lawyers (admitted for the first time in any state or country 2020-2022), In-House/Corporate Counsel, Judges, and attorneys who practice within the Government, Academic or Not-for-Profit sectors attend this program for free.
New York: 2.0 Skills
New Jersey: 2.1 General
California: 2.0 General
Pennsylvania: 1.5 General
Connecticut: Available to Licensed Attorneys
This program provides transitional/non-transitional credit to all attorneys
This program which is being presented by leading plaintiff and defendant employment litigators is perfect for in-house and outside counsel involved in litigation commenced by former employees in wrongful termination litigation matters.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Why The Program Title Is a Misnomer;
- Related discriminatory, contractual, and tortious bases of a wrongful termination claim;
- Best Practices in Preparation;
- Gathering Documentary Evidence in Preparation for Litigation;
- When to Send and What to Say in Litigation Holds;
- Selection of Venue: State, Federal, or Arbitration?
- Procedural Responses to Claims such as: (i) removal and (ii) whether to answer or file a motion to dismiss; and
- Best Litigation practices.
Click Here to View Program Agenda & Faculty
Richard B. Friedman, Richard Friedman PLLC
Sponsoring Association Committee:
Labor & Employment Law, Tracey Salmon-Smith, Chair