How to Read and Understand a Financial Statement and Tax Return
Monday, November 20, 2023 | 9:30 am – 12:40 pm
Online registration is now closed. Please call Customer relations at 212 382 6663 to register or for assistance.
A greater understanding of the client’s financial matters allows the attorney to better service the client and to possibly generate additional services for the client and billings for the law firm. This comprehensive seminar is designed to familiarize the attorney with the structure and contents of the client’s financial statements and tax returns. Items to be covered in this program include:
• Overview and Purposes of Financial Statements
• Types of Financial Statements
• Overview of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Levels of Accountant’s Report
• Contents of Financial Statements
• Examples of Financial Statements by Different Industries
• Financial Statement Ratios and Key Indicators
• Recent Accounting Developments
• Fraud Issues on Financial Statements
• Overview of Tax Returns for Various Business Entities
• Common Differences between Financial Statement and Tax Return Reporting
Click Here to View Program Agenda & Faculty
New York: 3.5 Skills
New Jersey: 3.5 General
California: 3.5 General
Pennsylvania: 2.5 General
Connecticut: Available to Licensed Attorneys
$229 for Members | $329 for Nonmembers
Members who are Law Students, Recent Law Graduates, Newly Admitted Lawyers (admitted for the first time in any state or country 2021-2023), In-House/Corporate Counsel, Judges, and attorneys who practice within the Government, Academic or Not-for-Profit sectors attend this program for free.
For New York Attorneys: Newly admitted attorneys (those admitted to the New York State Bar for two years or less) may participate in Skills CLE courses in live, nontraditional formats, where questions are allowed during the program (through December 31, 2023 per recent guidance of the CLE Board – for more information, click here).
Howard H. Fine
Partner, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
Partner, Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP
Dean L. Surkin
Director, Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC
Information about our Financial Aid Policy and Application can be found here.