M&A for Insurance Businesses
Thursday, September 26, 2019 | 6:00 p.m. - 8:10 p.m.
Includes Networking Reception
NYC Bar, RAA, IFNY Members: $50*
*RAA and IFNY members, please contact Customer Relations at (212) 382-6663 to register.
Members who are Recent Law Graduates, Newly Admitted Lawyers (admitted for the first time in any state or country 2017-2019), In-House/Corporate Counsel, Judges, or attorneys that practice within the Government, Academic or Not-for-Profit sectors attend this program for free.
New York: 2.0 Professional Practice
New Jersey: 2.1 General
California: 2.0 General
Pennsylvania: 1.5 General
The past couple of years have seen an explosive growth of merger and aquisition activity in the insurance and reinsurance industry, but will the trend continue? This program will afford an up-to-the moment guide to an evolving and dynamic landscape for new and experienced attorneys, corporate strategists, investment bankers and finance professionals.
Our panel of attorneys and finance professionals will examine the ways M&A transactions differ for the re/insurance industry and provide a broad analysis of:
- The forces shaping the growth in deal volume, ranging from “blockbuster” transactions in the property/casualty sector to the continued involvement of private equity groups
- The “nuts and bolts” of the structures used, including: stock acquisition, transfers of blocks of business, novations, assumption reinsurance, solvent schemes of arrangement and other cross-border transactions
- Due diligence practices
- Principal tax and regulatory considerations
- Capital availability and conditions in the US and other global markets
- Activity across business lines, such as property casualty, life and intermediaries
Click Here to View Program Agenda & Faculty
Lorraine D. Mandel, General Counsel, Global Derivatives and Government Affairs (ret.), XL Group
Daniel A. Rabinowitz, Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel, LLP
Sponsoring Association Committee:
Insurance Law, Drexel B. Harris, Jr., Chair
Networking Reception Sponsors: